entriesaboutchatlinks

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>
<$BlogItemTitle$> @ <$BlogItemDateTime$>

<$BlogItemBody$>
-->

Thursday 4 August 2011

Diamonds against the world

Speaking on the phone earlier with a friend and our conversation turned to jewelry and more specifically Daphne Guinness's Shaun Leane diamond and chainmail glove. Only after our conversation had ended did it dawn on me I had no real knowledge of the glove apart from its existence, owner and maker, to google I go!!!

 The glove was unveiled and included in an art piece at the White Cube starring none other than Guinness herself. The piece was titled Contra Mundum, "Against the world". Clad in her Alexander McQueen crystal body suit she was laid on a stone bed for over two hours. Friends and guest admired her and the piece of bespoke jewelry up close, Mr Ford even giving her a kiss and a smile.








This beauty is made from 18ct white gold and platinum, 5000 pavé diamonds, weighs over 1000 grams and was completely handmade over a 5 year period at a cost of around £1.1 million. Wow, nice.




Ive said it before and I will say it again, Daphne could possibly be my ideal woman, visually speaking as I have never met her but she is fucking awesome. I would very much like her and that glove, nout else.



While on the subject of jewelry why dont I  list a few designers I like while Im here, why not eh. Why not.
Bjorg
Anna-Sara Dåvik
Saskia-Diez
Paul Finch
Giles and Brother
<3 Chrome Hearts <3
Claudia Lira
Hermés
Martin Margiela
Rotenier
Susanna Hanl
David Yurman

that will do for now I think