entriesaboutchatlinks

<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>
<$BlogItemTitle$> @ <$BlogItemDateTime$>

<$BlogItemBody$>
-->

Friday 5 August 2011

Sprechen sie..... weiss??

This, so far is my favorite post by that sly scented sleuth The Silver Fox........






Helmut Langs Eau de cologne by wizard perfumer of the unconventional Maurice Roucel. A rare find and when you have worn this "paper lantern" fragrance you will crave more, much more!!!


Try your damnedest to source a bottle for a reasonable price, I dare you.

If you havent had the pleasure of experiencing Helmut Lang EDC (a travesty in itself) then just read this wonderful post over at A scent of elegance.

Not only am I envious of Mr Fox's ability to write the best fragrance reviews/journeys/opinions I am also pretty jealous he managed to use the word "Requiem" in a title before I did..... Grrr!

The continuing theme (for me) in both the scent and this post is the repetition of whiteness, a concept the silver fox also grasped hold of and emphasized time and time again without the reader really noticing.

For this post, i dont think any photo's are necessary, just white upon white. Paper mache stylee.


"I sleep. I dream. In the dream it’s snowing. A cityscape softened by layer upon falling layer of crystals. I walk in silence, air gently swirling around me, eddies of snow lifted and swept past my feet as I move through the peaceful streets. There is no cold, no chill in my bones. The snow falls like powder, with a lightness that seems to say I am covering this pallid ground and when I am done, it will be something different, something better, something beautiful." - The silver fox, 'Requiem for snow'